Position: Case Manager and Outreach Worker
Hours: Part-Time (22.5 hours/week)
Reporting to: Executive Director
ARISE Ministry helps individuals involved in the sex trade reclaim hope in their lives through offering a ministry of outreach, case management and pastoral care. ARISE Ministry is a mission of the Presbytery of East Toronto and a grant receiving ministry of The Presbyterian Church in Canada.
ARISE Ministry works in partnership with Salvation Army Corps 614 in Regent Park, Evangel Hall Mission, and Yonge Street Mission.
Street level outreach is offered to individuals involved in the sex trade one night per week. The case management program offers goal-oriented one-on-one support. A Women’s Self-Defense Program is offered weekly in conjunction with a local martial arts academy. Advocacy, accompaniment, court support and spiritual care are offered.
Responsibilities will be Carried out in Collaboration with the Executive Director and Include:
- Working directly with program participants providing front-line advocacy, outreach, case management and one-on-one support
- Facilitating the provision of a comprehensive and collaborative case management program, offering spiritual support, life skills counselling including: intake, assessment, goal setting and support
- Providing advocacy, short-term counselling, and crisis intervention for case management participants
- Administering frontline services by keeping records, writing advocacy letters, and progress reports
- Accompanying and advocating for participants in various settings including court, child protection services, OW, ODSP, hospitals and jail
- Participating in the evening street-level outreach weekly including supervising outreach volunteers. Outreach is generally on foot, in the outreach area bordered by Bloor Street, Queen Street, Yonge Street, and River Street, beginning at 11:30pm and going until approximately 3:00am.
- Facilitating relationships with volunteers, donors, partner organizations, and churches, including participating and assisting at fundraising events
- Providing administrative support to the ministry by assisting in maintaining a database, writing letters, and assisting with mailings to donors.
- A degree in ministry and/or social work is preferable, education in related fields will be considered
- Knowledge and understanding of sex trafficking, violence against women, youth at risk, street involvement, sex trade and the various challenges therein
- Experience with outreach, case management, crisis prevention and intervention
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, verbal, written, and oral communication skills
- Must be able to work well independently, as well as collaboratively within a team
- Must be comfortable working within a Christian environment, relating to churches and have a degree of familiarity with The Presbyterian Church in Canada
- A police check will be required
- First Aid Training is an asset
- Interviews will be conducted by a committee
- Participation in street-level outreach will be part of the interview process
- The person hired will be required to enter an employment contract
- There will be a probationary period of 3 months
- There is a degree of flexibility to the organization of working hours that can be negotiated with the Executive Director
Apply by November 21, 2016 to: email@example.com
Position begins: January 3, 2017