A Big Thank You to the Congregations and Individuals who participated in White Gift Sunday and the Bag Packing Event.
120 Outreach Bags were lovingly packed through the donations from White Gift Sunday to support our Street-Level Outreach Ministry!
Our next bag packing event is January 14 at 2:00pm at Leaside Presbyterian Church (670 Eglinton Avenue East).
Please join us at one of our 2 Upcoming Pretty Bag Packing Days. These events will both take place at Leaside Presbyterian Church (670 Eglinton Avenue East).
Saturday, December 17 from 1-3pm
Saturday, January 14 from 2-4pm
For additional information please contact Rev. Angela J. Cluney or 416-422-0510, Ex. 25. Community Service Hours are available for youth volunteers in Grade 9 and up. There will also be refreshments and a time of fellowship. We hope to see you or your congregation there for this time of sharing hope!
ARISE Ministry and Leaside Presbyterian Church will be having a book launch for The Darkness and The Light on January 20 at Leaside Presbyterian Church. The event will cost $10 and will include a poetry reading, book signing and refreshments. Books will be available for sale.
Through words and poetry, creativity and passion, Angel Power has taken the pain of abuse, exploitation, and addiction and found the strength and courage to share her story.
We are collecting the following items as White Gifts to Support our Outreach Ministry:
Gum Packages, Moist Towelettes, Band-Aids, Hand Sanitizer (purse-sized packages), Lip Balm, Hair Elastics, Safety Pins, Tampons, Personal-sized packages of tissue, Mini-sized chocolates bars, Bobby pins
Hand warmers, Toe Warmers, gloves, mittens, socks, leg warmers, scarves, and hats are all appreciated.
If you are looking for bulletin inserts for congregational promotion of White Gift Sunday and/or are looking for assistance picking up supplies please contact us!
ARISE Ministry is in the new Gifts of Change brochure for The Presbyterian Church in Canada.
If you are looking for a Christmas gift for those who have everything, please consider giving a gift to ARISE in their name through Gifts of Change!
Unbreakable – Amy MacLachlan’s feature on ARISE is the November edition of The Presbyterian Record.
We are grateful for the way Amy has captured and shared ARISE’s story.
Position: Case Manager and Outreach Worker
Hours: Part-Time (22.5 hours/week)
Reporting to: Executive Director
ARISE Ministry helps individuals involved in the sex trade reclaim hope in their lives through offering a ministry of outreach, case management and pastoral care. ARISE Ministry is a mission of the Presbytery of East Toronto and a grant receiving ministry of The Presbyterian Church in Canada.
ARISE Ministry works in partnership with Salvation Army Corps 614 in Regent Park, Evangel Hall Mission, and Yonge Street Mission.
Street level outreach is offered to individuals involved in the sex trade one night per week. The case management program offers goal-oriented one-on-one support. A Women’s Self-Defense Program is offered weekly in conjunction with a local martial arts academy. Advocacy, accompaniment, court support and spiritual care are offered.
Responsibilities will be Carried out in Collaboration with the Executive Director and Include:
- Working directly with program participants providing front-line advocacy, outreach, case management and one-on-one support
- Facilitating the provision of a comprehensive and collaborative case management program, offering spiritual support, life skills counselling including: intake, assessment, goal setting and support
- Providing advocacy, short-term counselling, and crisis intervention for case management participants
- Administering frontline services by keeping records, writing advocacy letters, and progress reports
- Accompanying and advocating for participants in various settings including court, child protection services, OW, ODSP, hospitals and jail
- Participating in the evening street-level outreach weekly including supervising outreach volunteers. Outreach is generally on foot, in the outreach area bordered by Bloor Street, Queen Street, Yonge Street, and River Street, beginning at 11:30pm and going until approximately 3:00am.
- Facilitating relationships with volunteers, donors, partner organizations, and churches, including participating and assisting at fundraising events
- Providing administrative support to the ministry by assisting in maintaining a database, writing letters, and assisting with mailings to donors.
- A degree in ministry and/or social work is preferable, education in related fields will be considered
- Knowledge and understanding of sex trafficking, violence against women, youth at risk, street involvement, sex trade and the various challenges therein
- Experience with outreach, case management, crisis prevention and intervention
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, verbal, written, and oral communication skills
- Must be able to work well independently, as well as collaboratively within a team
- Must be comfortable working within a Christian environment, relating to churches and have a degree of familiarity with The Presbyterian Church in Canada
- A police check will be required
- First Aid Training is an asset
- Interviews will be conducted by a committee
- Participation in street-level outreach will be part of the interview process
- The person hired will be required to enter an employment contract
- There will be a probationary period of 3 months
- There is a degree of flexibility to the organization of working hours that can be negotiated with the Executive Director
Apply by November 21, 2016 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position begins: January 3, 2017